Sold out on August 4th
The Messenger Jr captures the high quality features of its predecessors in the smallest format yet. The Messenger Jr is a high fidelity instrument preamplifier that is perfect for the studio and live performances. The preamp offers a wide array of features in a compact, easy to use format.
- Up to 20 dB of clean gain
- Shelving bass and treble EQ
- Variable low pass and high pass filters
- Middle EQ with adjustable frequency
- Unbalanced line out and balanced XLR out with ground lift
- Volume control for the balanced out signal
- Foot switch function can be assigned to either bypass the EQ or mute the signal
The 1/4" unbalanced input can accept instrument level signals from various sources, such as electric bass, guitar, acoustic guitar, and keys/synth. If you wish to use a line level signal, it is recommended to use a higher supply voltage (up to 24V) to provide adequate headroom. The input impedance is 1MΩ.
Low Noise Gain
The Gain knob provides clean, low noise gain ranging from unity to +20 dB.
The EQ is a boost/cut type, providing +/-15 dB of range, and is flat with the knobs at noon.
- The Bass is a shelving type EQ, affecting frequencies below 80Hz
- The Treble is a shelving type EQ, affecting frequencies above 3kHz
- The Middle EQ affects the frequency set by the associated Middle Freq knob
- The Low Pass and High Pass filters are 12dB per octave active filters with a smooth response in the pass band
- The 1/4" output is an unbalanced instrument level output, capable of driving other pedals, amplifiers, or preamps
- The balanced out can drive long XLR cable lengths, and includes a ground lift switch. The Messenger will safely block phantom power applied from a mixing board. The balanced out volume can be set with the DI Level knob.
- The Volume and EQ settings affect both the unbalanced and balanced out signals.
The foot switch can be set to either bypass the EQ, or mute your signal via the toggle switch. The foot switch function affects both the line out and balanced out signals. The EQ bypass does not affect the Gain, DI Level, or HPF settings.
One use of the EQ Bypass is to compare your affected and unaffected signals, helping you to determine if you have made the right EQ changes. Another use is to switch in an EQ setting for a part of a song, such as for a solo, or a song that requires a different tone than normal.
The Messenger Jr requires a DC supply (not included). The supply must be at least 9V, but no greater than 24V. The Messenger Jr draws 25mA. The connector must be a boss style, 2.1mm barrel, center negative polarity. A 24 volt power supply may be purchased separately.
The Messenger Jr does not accept a battery. Phantom power will not power the pedal, but no damage will occur if applied.
Dimensions: 4.77" long x 2.6" wide
All orders will be shipped via Canada Post. Your shipping cost will appear at check-out.